Released Aug 29, 2023
Noteworthy changes / Bug fixes
- Support for credit card autofill has been extended to users running Firefox in the IT, ES, AT, BE, and PL locales.
- macOS users can now control the tabability of controls and links via about:preferences.
- To avoid undesirable outcomes on sites which specify their own behavior when pressing shift+right-click, Firefox now has a
dom.event.contextmenu.shift_suppresses_eventpreference to prevent the context menu from appearing.
- YouTube video lists now scroll correctly when navigating with a screen reader.
- Various security fixes.
- Firefox no longer shows its own screen sharing indicator on Wayland desktop environments. The system default sharing indicator will be used instead.
- You can find information about policy updates and enterprise specific bug fixes in the Firefox for Enterprise 117 Release Notes.
- Developer Information
- Web compatibility inspection has been enhanced with our new CSS compatibility tooltip in the Developer Tools Inspector. An icon is now displayed next to properties that could lead to web compatibility issues. When hovered, the tooltip indicates which browsers are not supported and displays a link to the MDN page for the property so the user can learn more about it.
console.clear()no longer clears the Console output if the “Enable persistent logs” option is enabled.
- Support for improved CSS nesting is now enabled by default.
- Firefox now supports
ReadableStream.fromis now supported, allowing creation of a ReadableStream from an (async) iterable.
- Firefox now supports the
math-depthCSS properties and the
- With the release of Firefox 117, we are pleased to welcome the developers who contributed their first code change to Firefox in this release, 9 of whom were brand new volunteers! Please join us in thanking each of these diligent and enthusiastic individuals, and take a look at their contributions: