Media Player Classic（メディアプレーヤークラシック、略称: MPC）は、Microsoft Windowsで動作するオープンソースのメディアプレーヤー（動画・音声再生）ソフト。オリジナル版の開発者はGabest。オリジナル版は2010年2月を最後に更新が停止しており、2021年現在も更新が続けられている主な派生版としてMedia Player Classic – Home Cinema（MPC-HC）のclsid版とMedia Player Classic Black Edition (MPC-BE) がある。
Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.24
Released Nov 12, 2022
Noteworthy changes / Bug fixes
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.77-1-gfd3c1
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to version 22.09
- Re-added support for nested M3U/PLS inside M3U playlist
- Store device name of selected fullscreen monitor in addition to the display name. This allows selecting the correct monitor in the situation where Windows shuffles display names around.
- Properly handle NONE as value for YCbCr Matrix subtitle header
- Added freetype font rendering path as fallback for characters that fail to render with GDI.
- Support loading subtitles from subfolder “\subs\FILENAME”
- Fixed some issues with AB repeat
- Several other small fixes
Overview of features
A lot of people seem to be unaware of some of the awesome features that have been added to MPC-HC in the past years. Here is a list of useful options and features that everyone should know about:
- Dark interface
Menu > View > Dark Theme
When using dark theme it is also possible to change the height of the seekbar and size of the toolbar buttons.
Options > Advanced
- Video preview on the seekbar
Options > Tweaks > Show preview on seek bar
- Adjust playback speed
Menu > Play > Playback rate
The buttons in the player that control playback rate take a 2x step by default. This can be customized to smaller values (like 10%):
Options > Playback > Speed step
Adjusting playback speed works best with the internal audio renderer. This also has automatic pitch correction.
Options > Playback > Output > Audio Renderer
- MPC-HC can remember playback position, so you can resume from that point later
Options > Player > History
- You can quickly seek through a video with Ctrl + Mouse Scrollwheel.
- You can jump to next/previous file in a folder by pressing PageUp/PageDown.
- You can perform automatic actions at end of file. For example to go to next file or close player.
Options > Playback > After Playback (permanent setting)
Menu > Play > After Playback (for current file only)
- A-B repeat
You can loop a segment of a video. Press [ and ] to set start and stop markers.
- You can rotate/flip/mirror/stretch/zoom the video
Menu > View > Pan&Scan
This is also easily done with hotkeys (see below).
- There are lots of keyboard hotkeys and mouse actions to control the player. They can be customized as well.
Options > Player > Keys
Tip: there is a search box above the table.
- You can stream videos directly from Youtube and many other video websites
Put yt-dlp.exe or youtube-dl.exe in the MPC-HC installation folder.
Then you can open website URLs in the player: Menu > File > Open File/URL
You can even download those videos: Menu > File > Save a copy
Tip: to be able to download in best quality with yt-dlp/youtube-dl, it is recommended to also put ffmpeg.exe in the MPC-HC folder.
Several YDL configuration options are found here: Options > Advanced
This includes an option to specify the location of the .exe in case you don’t want to put it in MPC-HC folder.
- Play HDR video
This requires using madVR or MPC Video Renderer.
After installation these renderers can be selected here:
Options > Playback > Output
- Ability to search for and download subtitles, either automatically or manually (press D):
Options > Subtitles > Misc
- Besides all these (new) features, there have also been many bugfixes and internal improvements in the player in the past years that give better performance and stability. It also has updated internal codecs. Support was added for CUE sheets, WebVTT subtitles, etc.